History of Tramont Manufacturing LLC.
Tramont Manufacturing has come a long way since opening for business almost 40 years ago. Here are some of the highlights of the company's history.
- In 1977 Tramont Corporation starts out as a day tank manufacturer in a 4,000-square-foot facility in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The company would subsequently expand its product line to include sub base tanks for diesel fuel generators.
- In 1983, 1990 and 1994, In response to steadily increasing demands for its products, Tramont moves to successively larger Milwaukee-area plants.
- In 1998, Tramont introduces its line of weather and sound-attenuated POWERHOUSE™ enclosures. Tramont also introduces its "Load and Go" program. With Load and Go, the company offers complete packaging of customer-provided gen-sets with Tramont tanks and enclosures.
- In 1999, Tramont rolls out POWERTRAK™ mobile power trailers.
- In 2000, Tramont moves to its current 175,000-square-foot factory in Milwaukee. The plant includes a Heavy Lift Facility with 30-ton-overhead crane to handle large enclosure packages.
- In the opening years of the new millennium Tramont expands its product line again to include cylindrical main tanks and KM Walkways™.
- In 2014, the company joins the UCA Group and is renamed Tramont Manufacturing LLC. Headquartered in Elgin, Illinois, the UCA Group employs approximately 1200 people, including 400 engineers. The UCA Group has extensive manufacturing and engineering operations in North America, Europe and Asia.