Walkways for easy access to your generator enclosure
Every project has taught us something and has provided us with the insight for our next generation of standard product programs.
Listening to our distributor customers and learning what they need led Tramont to the development of our gen set walkways. Your customers must perform basic gen-set review and a walkway offers a cost effective, safe and convenient alternative to ladders and step stools.
The corrosion resistant design features all aluminum hand rails with supports, galvanized steel tread plates, formed steel powder-baked frame with cantilever truss support structure and stainless steel installation hardware.
- Frame consists of 14 gauge formed steel construction - utilized in the design of the staircase, platform, walkway and walkaround. Frame design is predrilled to accept handrail-mounting supports and serves as the walkway toe-board support.
- Compression members are predrilled connecting the stairway and frame to the tank and utilize 7 gauge formed steel construction. Tanks specified with a walkway are predrilled to accept compression members.
- Walkway tread and stairs are available in two compositions
- Closed walkway with formed steel 12 gauge with abrasive, anti-slip tape offering heavy-duty, high-traction surface
- Open walkway utilizing 13 gauge-galvanized steel tread plates, with small raised projections and large drainage holes, providing a non-abrasive, high-traction surface.
- Handrails are 42" (1067 mm) from the walkway surface and 32" (813 mm) from the leading edge of the stair riser. Center rails are provided on all walkways and stair risers with vertical posts not spaced more than 8' apart. Handrails are available in two configurations.
- Steel square 16 gauge 1.5" tubing, completely welded construction reduces installation time and offers a rigid design. Handrail upright supports are welded to the upright and easily bolted to the fram
- Aluminum 6063-T6 alloy round (1.3" OD), offers a corrosion resistant design that combines light weight with strength. Handrail upright supports are constructed of aluminum B-535-2 alloy offering easy installation to frame with Hex drive set screws.
- All steel components (non-aluminum and galvanized) are to pressure washed clean with an iron phosphate solution.
- A high gloss black, powder-baked paint is applied at 3 mils thickness offering a tough, scratch resistant surface.
- Tramont Walkways meet the standards of OSHA 3124 - Stairways and Ladders and OSHA 1910.24 - Fixed Industrial Stairs.